“That the whole bible were painted on all our houses.” – Martin Luther
Stained Glass Windows
Winona is known as the Stained Glass Capital of North America, and Central Lutheran’s windows reflect that proud heritage.
The windows were designed by Eugene Marggraff and installed by the Conway Universal Studios. They were dedicated on May 22, 1955. Glass imported from England, France, and German was mouth-blown and contains many small bubbles and variations that deflect the light and color. Some of the glass is thick Norman Slab which produces deep rich colors. The windows tell the story of God in relationship to God’s people.